Saturday, January 22, 2011

Visit with Bro. Emmanuel

A few days ago, I looked at the Visa Bulletin and realized that the possibilities of my son, Bro. Emmanuel J. Gunter of being able to come to the United States in 2011 are greatly diminished. For the two of us, we may be looking at another two years or longer before Bro. Emmanuel will be able to obtain visa.

Looking realistically at the situation, the only way that I will be able to visit with Emmanuel is to travel to Liberia. Such a trip would be difficult for me but given the resources I would attempt such a trip. Fortunately, Delta Air Lines now flies from Atlanta to Monrovia which would make traveling alone more attractive and easier for me.

The problem is the funds to make such an ambitious trip. It will take several thousand dollars to fund a round trip to Monrovia. I know that our Lord can provide and I am praying that He will make the funds available if that is the direction that our Lord wishes me to take. This would not be just a trip of reunion with my son but a missionary opportunity.  If you are interested in helping me to make this trip, please contact me or make a posting to my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment